Your representatives: Federal, state, city and county government officials (2023)

Federal officials


C.A Dutch Ruppersberger, D-District 2. 410-628-2701.


John P. Sarbanes, D-District 3. 410-295-1679.

Donna F. Edwards, D-District 4. 301-516-7601.


Steny H. Hoyer, D-District 5. 301-843-1577.


Benjamin L. Cardin, D-Md. 410-962-4436.

Barbara A. Mikulski, D-Md. 410-962-4510.

State officials

Gov. Martin O'Malley, Democrat. 410-974-3901.

Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown, Democrat. 410-974-3901.

Anne Arundel County's state legislators:

More information about senators and delegates can be found at


District 21:

Sen. James C. Rosapepe, D-College Park. 410-841-3141 or 301-858-3141.

Del. Benjamin S. Barnes, D-College Park. 410-841-3046 or 301-858-3046.

Del. Barbara A. Frush, D-Beltsville. 410-841-3114 or 301-858-3114.

Del. Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk, D-College Park. 410-841-3502 or 301-858-3502.

District 30:


Sen. John C. Astle, D-Annapolis. 410-841-3578.

House Speaker Michael E. Busch, D-Annapolis. 410-841-3800.

Del. Ronald A. George, R-Arnold. 410-841-3439.

Del. Herbert H. McMillan, R-Annapolis. 410-841-3211.

District 31:

(Video) Government Contracting | How To Find Your Congressional Representative | Better Federal Contracting

Sen. Bryan W. Simonaire, R-Pasadena. 410-841-3658.


Del. Don H. Dwyer Jr., R-Pasadena. 410-841-3047.

Del. Nicholaus R. Kipke, R-Pasadena. 410-841-3421.

Del. Steven R. Schuh, R-Gibson Island. 410-841-3206.

District 32:

Sen. James E. DeGrange Sr., D-Glen Burnie. 410-841-3593.

Del. Pamela G. Beidle, D-Linthicum. 410-841-3370.


Del. Mary Ann Love, D-Glen Burnie. 410-841-3511.

Del. Theodore J. Sophocleus, D-Linthicum. 410-841-3372.

District 33:

Sen. Edward R. Reilly, R-Crofton. 410-841-3568.

Del. Tony McConkey, R-Severna Park. 410-841-3406.

Del. Cathleen M. Vitale, R-Severna Park. 410-841-3510.


Del. Robert A. Costa, R-Deale. 410-841-3551.


District Courthouse in Annapolis. 410-260-1370.

District Courthouse in Glen Burnie. 410-260-1800.

Circuit Courthouse — Criminal Department. 410-222-1420.

Circuit Courthouse — Civil Department. 410-222-1431.

Circuit Courthouse — Jury Office. 410-222-1438.


Anne Arundel State's Attorney. 410-222-1740.

Anne Arundel County Public Defender. 410-295-8800.

U.S. Attorney's Office. 410-209-4800.

Anne Arundel County Sheriff's Office. 410-222-1571.

U.S. District Court in Baltimore. 410-962-2600.

U.S. District Court in Greenbelt. 301-344-0660.


(Video) Rep. Ocasio-Cortez told to give translation after speaking Spanish in Congress | USA TODAY #Shorts

Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. 804-916-2700.

Annapolis government

Annapolis is the seat of the state and county governments. It is also the home of its own municipal government.

The city operates with an elected council consisting of aldermen from the city's eight wards and a full-time mayor. The mayor serves at-large and has a vote on the council.

Annapolis has its own police, fire, transportation and public works departments. Anne Arundel County is in charge of the public school system.

City residents pay property taxes to the city and the county but receive a reduced rate on their county taxes.

For more information, visit


City Council

Mayor Mike Pantelides, Republican. City Hall, 160 Duke of Gloucester St. 410-263-7997.

Alderman Joe Budge, D-Ward 1. 9 Randall Court. 410-260-3401.

Alderman Fred Paone, R-Ward 2. 47 Williams Drive. 410-267-7604.

Alderwoman Rhonda Pindell Charles, D-Ward 3. 5 Dominoe Road. 410-266-6857.

Alderwoman Sheila Finlayson, D-Ward 4. 131 Brightwater Drive. 410-626-0071.


Alderman Jared Littmann, D-Ward 5. c/o K&B True Value, 912 Forest Drive. 410-268-3939.

Alderman Ken Kirby, D-Ward 6. 1236 Crows Nest Court. 443-510-5241.

Alderman Ian Pfeiffer, D-Ward 7. 41 Windwhisper Lane. 410-295-6549.

Alderman Ross Arnett, D-Ward 8. City Hall, 160 Duke of Gloucester St. 443-745-2901.

Council meetings

All council meetings convene in the John T. Chambers Council Chambers at City Hall, 160 Duke of Gloucester St. They begin at 7 p.m. and are held on Mondays.


City agencies

More information can be found at the city's website,, including full phone listings, upcoming legislation, meeting agendas, calendars, as well as bus and trash pickup schedules and items of community interest.

Send emails to the city via

Office of the City Clerk. 410-263-7942. Keeps permanent records of city government proceedings and acts as custodian of all permanent records.

Office of the Mayor. 410-263-7997. Includes constituent services and city manager's office.

Public Information. 410-263-1183. Maintains the city website and provides information about city functions to the public and media.


(Video) Local and State Governments - BrainPOP Jr.

Office of Law. 410-263-7954. Performs legal, advisory, documentary and drafting services for the city, issues opinions on city law and represents the city in court.

Department of Finance. 410-263-7952. Prepares budget documents, performs city accounting and oversees most purchasing.

Department of Public Works. 410-263-7949. Oversees the city water and sewer systems, trash removal, street repair, snow removal and government buildings, including the Market House. Coordinates engineering and construction services for capital projects.

Police Department. 410-268-9000. Enforces all laws within the city limits and helps neighborhoods establish anti-crime programs.

Department of Neighborhood and Environmental Programs. 410-263-7946. Enforces building codes, environmental reviews for projects, building inspections and issues permits.

Fire Department. 410-263-7975. Fights fires and provides emergency aid and life support. Also inspects businesses and residential buildings for fire code violations and conducts educational programs on fire prevention and safety. Oversees the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management.


Department of Planning and Zoning. 410-263-7961. Issues zoning permits and handles applications for development or redevelopment in the city. Handles comprehensive planning, enforces zoning laws and oversees historic preservation.

Human Resources Department. 410-263-7998. Handles all applications for employment, employee benefits and pensions, and labor negotiations.

Department of Recreation and Parks. 410-263-7958. Maintains and operates city parks and community centers and offers sports and other programs. Oversees the Harbormaster's Office.

Department of Transportation. 410-263-7964. Operates the city's bus system and oversees contracts for parking garages and street parking. Also oversees taxis and parking enforcement in the city including metered parking spaces and residential neighborhoods with parking restrictions.

Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis. 410-267-8000. HACA oversees close to 800 housing units. The agency is not a branch of city government. It is overseen by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Local control is administered by a seven-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the mayor and approved by the City Council.

Parking facilities


Parking in the city is available through metered spots downtown, and at city, county and state garages, and at private lots with circulator trolleys looping through the district to the waterfront.

Parking in residential neighborhoods is restricted to residents with valid stickers, though out-of-neighborhood residents may park on certain marked streets for up to two hours. A 12-month residential permit costs between $55 and $100 depending on the resident's address and the number of vehicles registered.

For more information on the circulator, visit

The following is a listing of city parking facilities:

  • Hillman Garage, with entrances from Main to Gorman and Duke of Gloucester streets.
  • Gotts Court Garage, with entrances from Northwest and Calvert streets.
  • Knighton Garage, with an entrance from Colonial Avenue off West Street.
  • Park Place Garage, with an entrance on Park Place, accessed off Taylor Avenue at Westgate Circle.

Many city garages offer city residents two free hours of parking per day. To receive a monthly allocation of temporary two-hour vouchers, visit the Hillman Garage office at 150 Gorman St. to fill out an application.

Residents need a proof of address to receive their parking vouchers, as well as a valid driver's license with a current Annapolis address. This information will be cross-checked with the current registration list. The vouchers are valid through the end of the year.


The Hillman office will distribute vouchers Monday through Friday during regular business hours. You also can call Park Annapolis at 410-972-4726.

The city also offers restricted parking in the following lots:

  • Larkin Lot, off City Gate Lane.
  • South Street Lot, off Church Circle across from Circuit Court.

State lots and a state garage off Rowe Boulevard offer free parking on weekends.

Metered spaces are available at City Dock and along Main, West and Duke of Gloucester streets. There is a two-hour limit at most meters; a few have 15- or 30-minute limits. Meters cost $2 per hour and are payable by credit card.

For more information on parking lot and garage rates, visit

State agencies

Department of Agriculture, Secretary Earl F. Hance. 410-841-5881.


(Video) Local paper records county officials in violent, racist discussion

Department of Assessments and Taxation, Director Robert E. Young. 410-767-1184.

Comptroller Peter Franchot, 410-260-7980.

Board of Elections, Administrator Linda H. Lamone. 410-269-2840.

Department of Housing and Community Development, Secretary Raymond A. Skinner. 410-514-7000.

Court of Appeals, Chief Judge Mary Ellen Barbera. 410-260-1500.

Court of Special Appeals, Chief Judge Peter B. Krauser. 410-260-1500.


Department of Natural Resources, Secretary Joseph P. Gill. 1-877-224-7229.

Secretary of State John P. McDonough. 410-974-5521.

Department of Veterans Affairs, Secretary Edward Chow Jr. 410-260-3838.

Department of Transportation, Secretary James T. "Jim" Smith. 410-865-1000.

Motor Vehicle Administration, Administrator John T. Kuo. 410-768-7000.

Department of Aging, Secretary Gloria G. Lawlah. 410-767-1100.


Department of Business and Economic Development, Secretary Dominick Murray. 410-767-6300.

Department of Education, Superintendent Lilliam M. Lowery. 410-767-0600.

Department of the Environment, Secretary Robert M. Summers. 410-537-3000.

Department of General Services, Secretary Alvin C. Collins. 800-449-4347.

Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Secretary Joshua M. Sharfstein. 410-767-6500.

Department of Human Resources, Secretary Theodore Dallas. 800-332-6347.


Department of Juvenile Services, Secretary Sam Abed. 888-639-7499.

Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Secretary Leonard J. Howie III. 410-230-6001.

Department of Planning, Secretary Richard E. Hall. 410-767-4500.

Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, Secretary Gary D. Maynard. 410-339-5000.

State Police, Col. Marcus L. Brown, secretary. 410-486-3101.

Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler. 410-576-6300.


Energy Administration, Acting Director Abigail Ross Hopper. 410-260-7655.


Who are the government officials of the United States? ›

There are 542 federal offices: President, Vice President, 100 U.S. Senators (two from each state), 435 U.S. Representatives, four delegates to the House of Representatives from U.S. territories and the District of Columbia, and one Resident Commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

What is a representative name? ›

Titles. Representatives use the prefix "The Honorable" before their names. A member of the House is referred to as a representative, congressman, or congresswoman.

Who is a local government representative? ›

Local government representative means a member of a board of county commissioners, member of a city or town council or board of trustees, or mayor of a city or town or city and county.

How many representatives are there in local government? ›

There are currently 435 voting representatives.

What were 3 types of government officials? ›

Our federal government has three parts. They are the Executive, (President and about 5,000,000 workers) Legislative (Senate and House of Representatives) and Judicial (Supreme Court and lower Courts).


1. Tee Grizzley - "First Day Out" [Official Music Video]
(Tee Grizzley)
2. How To Contact Your Representatives
(Maitland Public Library)
3. How to Contact Your Representative
4. Civicate: State and Local Governments
5. House of Representatives VS Senate | What is the difference between the House and the Senate?
(Illustrate to Educate)
6. Watch #AOC Go After Rep. Higgins For How He Treated A #witness
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Errol Quitzon

Last Updated: 01/09/2023

Views: 6423

Rating: 4.9 / 5 (79 voted)

Reviews: 86% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Errol Quitzon

Birthday: 1993-04-02

Address: 70604 Haley Lane, Port Weldonside, TN 99233-0942

Phone: +9665282866296

Job: Product Retail Agent

Hobby: Computer programming, Horseback riding, Hooping, Dance, Ice skating, Backpacking, Rafting

Introduction: My name is Errol Quitzon, I am a fair, cute, fancy, clean, attractive, sparkling, kind person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.