Looking for a HIIT workout you can do in the comfort of your own home? Look no further! This HIIT workout will help you burn tons of calories and assist you in shredding off those stubborn areas of belly fat. This workout is extremely simple! You’ll be alternating between all-out 30 second work intervals and rest intervals. But make sure you push yourself to the limit during the work intervals to ensure you’re reaping all the benefits of HIIT!
First, Pick Your HIIT Moves
Select one move from each of the groups to form your HIIT workout. We will alternate between upper body, lower body, core and cardio intervals to make sure you don’t burn out throughout the workout.
Group 1 (UPPER BODY MOVES):
- Push-ups: Start in plank position with your feet and hands on the floor with your body straight. Lower yourself down until chest hits floor and raise yourself back up. Keep your core tight throughout the movement. If these are too hard, you can perform them while on your knees instead.
- Dips: Sit on the edge of a sofa or chair and place your hands on edge with your legs extended out in front of you. Push up with your arms and slide your butt out in front of the edge of the chair or sofa. Then raise and lower your body by bending and straightening your arms. Here’s an example below:
Group 2 (LOWER BODY MOVES):
- Jump Squats: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms down by your side. Push your butt back, as if sitting down in a chair then lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Quickly jump up from this position (in a controlled manner) while swinging your arms upwards to help with your jump. Repeat this motion. Here’s a photo for help below:
- Alternating lunges: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and step out in front of you with one foot while simultaneously bending the other knee. Lower yourself until the back knee almost touches floor then push yourself back up and return the forward foot back to the starting position. Alternate and repeat.
- Air squats: Simply follow the same procedure as the “jump squats” above but eliminate the jump part of it.
Group 3 (CORE MOVES):
- Plank: Facing the floor, get onto your forearms and toes. Keep your abs engaged, and create a straight line from your toes to shoulders.
- Glute bridges: Lie on back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Engage your arbs throughout the movement and lift your hips off the floor until you form a straight line from knees to shoulders. Press your heels down for stability. Slowly return to the start position and repeat.
Group 4 (CARDIO MOVES):
- Burpees: Use the photo below for reference. Perform the movement as quickly as possible within the 30 second work interval.
- Jumping jacks: I believe these are self-explanatory!
Now, Form Your HIIT Workout!
Pick one move from each of the four groups to form your home HIIT workout. Then, perform each of the movements for 30 seconds with a 1 minute rest in between. Here’s an example of a workout:
– Push ups 30 seconds
Rest 1 Minute
– Jump Squats 30 seconds
Rest 1 Minute
– Plank 30 seconds
Rest 1 Minute
– Burpees 30 seconds
Rest 2 minutes until next round
Perform this whole circuit 4-6 times/rounds and push yourself! You will only reap the benefits of HIIT by pushing yourself as hard as you can during the work intervals. After around 15 minutes you’ll be done and will have burned tons of calories! Feel free to mix and match the moves if you get tired of the same routine. Enjoy and let me know what you think of this workout!